Divas of Colour, back for its 3rd edition, is calling for public nominations, as well as registrations from exhibitors and fashion designers.
Divas of Colour is the largest gathering of world’s most influential women of colour, from around the world. Award nominations are open to all women of African, Caribbean and Asian descent from around the world. As it is the event’s ethos to highlight a particular social issue, this year, Divas of Colour has chosen Girl Child Network Worldwide and Star Children’s Initiative in the fundraising campaign – Protect The Child #ProtectTheChild.
Divas of Colour has proven to be a very successful and prestigious event, bringing together in London, influential women of colour, from around the world. The event which includes fashion show, trade show, speeches and an award-giving ceremony, celebrates women of diverse careers and backgrounds. It also gives them the opportunity to network, buy and sell, promote and meet with other women.
Divas of Colour remains the most prestigious award, most glamorous and largest gathering of women of colour from around the globe. A special day to celebrate, reward, recognise and discover the best and contributions of women of colour. Past awardees include veteran journalist, Sherry Ann Dixon, Prof Anionwu, Rep Dee Dawkins (Georgia State Rep USA), Hon Abike Dabiri, and Senator Grace Bent. With over two million web hits, over 350 guests and 24 awards from last year, 2016 is expected to double in those figures.
Apart from nominations, fashion designers and trade exhibitors are now encouraged to take advantage of the early registration discount, in order to be part of this year’s event, which promises to be bigger and better. Divas of colour 2016 has been scheduled for March 26, 2016, at the magnificent Hilton Hotel Tower Bridge London.
Guideline for nominations:
– You can nominate yourself or be nominated by others.
– Nominations are not votes, therefore one nomination only for each individual.
– Make sure you have all details for your nominee.
– Before nominating a person, have at least 5 solid reasons why you think she should be nominated.
– Young people’s award is open to young women between the ages of 13 to 22.
– “Women of the Year” and “Lifetime Achievers” are special recognition awards; therefore, eligible nominees must be women who have contributed immensely to the society, through their career (climbing a career ladder over many years), charitable giving, or spearheading projects carried out over a lifetime. Final selection will be made by the judges.
– To nominate a “Student of the Year”, there has to be an academic evidence to back your nomination eg – results, project completion, or any outstanding academic record within the last 12 months.
– Brands eligible for “Diva Brand of the Year” is strictly selected from among exhibitors.
– “Diva Designer of the Year” is strictly selected from the showcasing designers on Divas of Colour.
– Nominee is the person you wish to have awarded.
– Details are used to contact your nominees.
– Please note that a nominee may be required to submit more evidence to back their nomination.
More details can be found – www.mbwpr.com/divasofcolour2016
For more information and high res images contact the press team on :
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Pr@mbwpr.com
Phone: 02035321354, Mobile: 07901137951
Twitter: @Divasofcolour , @Mbwmgt